Entries for the 2017 Lake Macquarie Games close the day of competition.
The members of Westlakes Archers welcome you to come and try the very exciting sport of Archery.
Westlakes Archers was originally formed as an affiliation of the Y.M.C.A. Toronto. After splitting with the Y.M.C.A. the club acquired new grounds south of Toronto. The club has been situated at Fassifern Oval and its surrounding bushland since 1985.
The oval is used for target archery and the bushland is used for a challenging field course (marked and unmarked). Within the club’s history there has been representation in both the state’s Junior and Senior Teams and also the Australian Senior and Junior Teams.
Club members joined the Lake Macquarie Council in 1995 along with other sports as part of the Friendship Games in Hakodate (Japan) and made many friends which continues today.
- To foster and promote the sport of archery in keeping with the constitution, rules, regulations
of Archery NSW Inc and Archery Australia Inc.
- To cooperate with similar clubs throughout the area of N.S.W.
- To provide a social activity for all members in the club.
- The club conducts beginner’s classes with qualified instructors, using our own equipment. Later, expert advice is available when purchasing your own equipment. Beginners Classes, by appointment only, cost $30 for a 2 hour lesson. Ring to arrange your spot in a class.
- Tuition in all aspects of archery, e.g. setup, maintenance and the art of using Compound and Recurve bows.
- Club competitions Target and Field.
- Club activities – 2 Sundays of the month (as per annual calendar), 9.30am start.
- Opportunity to participate in Interclub, State, Interstate and International Competition.
- Host for the Annual Lake Macquarie Games Animal and FITA Field Archery Championships.
- Social activities.